Monday, May 5, 2008

May I be weaved in your hair

One of my favorite songs of the last few years: Iron & Wine's "Love and Some Verses" (from one of my favorite albums of the last few years, Our Endless Numbered Days (2004)). I especially like the lyrics, which feature lines like: "Love is a dress that you made long to hide your knees" and "For your days and excitement, what would you keep for to wear? / Someday drawing you different, may I be weaved in your hair?" No idea what any of that means, but I like it. Here is the song accompanied by some dude's random video footage of his hands and feet and such. 



In addition to a pretty melody and a warm voice, I'm always a sucker for a nice, rolling kind of rhythm, which this song definitely has. You know what else I'm a sucker for? If you said "cats," give yourself a gold star!

No comments: