Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ryan Adams is rich

So Ryan Adams is playing Verizon on Tuesday, October 14, 2008, and I says to myself, I says, "Self, you deserve a treat. But since My Morning Jacket has decided to skip over Houston on its way to Dallas and Austin this month, you'll just have to make do with Ryan Adams." Which is actually fine because I do like the Ryan Adams. Songs like "City Rain, City Streets" and "I See Monsters" (both from 2004's Love Is Hell) are catchy. And also "Summer of '69." (God, I hate myself for just saying that. Number 4 sign that the person you're hanging out with is a complete bore: he or she still thinks that the Ryan Adams = Bryan Adams joke is funnee.)

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. What I don't like about all this is that the two tickets I bought for Gwen and me somehow cost $94.15. What the? Does Ryan Adams's guitar run on unleaded gas? Because that's the only way I can understand that price. WHY CAN'T WASHINGTON STAND UP TO BIG OIL AND STOP THIS MADNESS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry... you're in for a real treat.