Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Answer to the Question Nobody Asked

Apparently, '90s grunge freeriders Stone Temple Pilots have announced that they are reuniting, with their first show back scheduled for May 17, 2008 in Columbus, Ohio. STP (like the fuel additive, I get that one) frontman Scott Weiland has also made threats about the band possibly recording a new album. As he told The Pulse of Radio, "We were never a band that felt like we needed to lean too hard onto our muscle. We always felt like we had enough beauty and enough finesse in our music, you know, while we were together, that could carry us into a long career. So for us to make a record at an older age doesn't seem like a stretch, you know, 'cause we were never all about brawn."

That quote was seriously all pops and whistles to me.  I didn't understand a word of it.

Anyway, I will freely admit to liking one Stone Temple Pilots song, but college was a very confusing time for me. One very important thing to note: STP's reunion tour kicks off in Columbus on the very same night as Radiohead's impossibly-priced show in Houston. Let's just say that yours truly all of a sudden now has some serious leverage in negotiating with those Radiohead pricks.

(Note: I didn't really want to include a picture of Stone Temple Pilots, so I'm using this picture of a puppy that apparently can fly.)

No comments: