Monday, March 31, 2008

I guess Peter Murphy is limber

Three things to note about "Cuts You Up," the 1990 single off the album Deep by former Bauhaus frontman and so-called Godfather of Goth Peter Murphy:

1.  It is a good song with a good first line ("I find you in the morning / after dreams of distant signs / you pour yourself over me / like the sun through the blinds"); 

2.  The video features Murphy playing an Ovation 12-string. And while Murphy looks cooler than I did with my Celebrity 12-string, he does so only barely. Just further proof that that guitar is Cool Poison; and

3.  I'm pretty sure that's Wesley Snipes playing the electric guitar-violin thingie in the video. Always bet on black! Anyway, the pictures and music:

4 comments:

you cannot petition the lord with prayer said...

What's this, 120 minutes? When is the Echo video coming on? And "Here Comes Your Man"?

BN said...

No Echo video just yet, but I definitely should post a Siouxsie & The Banshees video some time.

you cannot petition the lord with prayer said...

No Echo? How about Pseudo Echo at least?

BN said...

Alright, alright, I'll post Funky Town!