Monday, March 17, 2008

Sometimes numerous songs have the same name

If there is one thing people know about me, it's that I'm an empiricist. Perception, observation, evidence, and experience--these are the currencies in which I trade. Indeed, my gut tells me that I am probably the most empirical person on the internet. That said, my empirical mind has observed the following:
Fact #1: "Summertime" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince is a fantastic song.

Fact #2: "Summertime" by The Sundays is also a fantastic song.

Fact #3: After careful listening, it is clear they are not the same song and are completely unrelated.

Fact #4: It is tempting to declare the DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince song more rad, but The Sundays' song is actually radder.

Join me in observing the videos for both:






But my favorite song titled "Summertime" at the moment can be heard here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed that the Sundays song is great.