Thursday, March 20, 2008

Late Night Drive

If I had to make a late-night drive from Houston to Austin (taking US-290, not I-10) at this very moment, here are some songs I would want playing on the radio:

"Good Year for the Roses" - Elvis Costello & The Attractions (Almost Blue)

"Madame George" - Van Morrison (Astral Weeks) (Unfortunately, no audio or video clip of this song is available on the innerneck.)

"I'm in Love with a Girl" - Big Star (#1 Record - Radio City)

"Girls" - Death in Vegas (Scorpio Rising)

"I Found a Reason" - Cat Power (The Covers Record)

"Brothers on a Hotel Bed" - Death Cab for Cutie (Plans)

"Brooklyn Stars" - Matt Pond PA (Several Arrows Later)

"Sunken Treasure" - Wilco (Being There)

"Speed Trials" - Elliott Smith (Either/Or)

"Come and Find Me" - Josh Ritter (Golden Age of Radio)

"Golden" - My Morning Jacket (It Still Moves)

"By the Mark" - Gillian Welch (Revival)

"A Whiter Shade of Pale" - Procol Harum (Procol Harum)

"Mercy Street" - Peter Gabriel (So)

No comments: